Travel Friendly Beauty Products
Please welcome my friend and Rodan and Fields Consultant, English Esway. English is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to travel beauty products every jetsetter should own. Enjoy her guide to beauty on the go. Take it away English.
I often find packing for a trip can be the hardest part of the planning! We all want to pack light without forgetting all the things that keep us sane everyday, right? This is especially true for me regarding my skincare and beauty routines. I want to look good in my vacation pictures, but I don’t want to spend a lot of time making that happen! These are my top 5 beauty items I cannot live without when traveling.
1. Extra Hydration Whether driving or flying, a change in our environment can wreak havoc on our skin. Last year when I attended a conference in Vegas, my skin was so parched I could definitely tell I was in the desert! I found that my regular moisturizer simply wasn’t enough and I was so grateful I packed my Active Hydration Serum. Do you know the difference between a moisturizer and a hydrator? Moisturizers lock in moisture that’s already in your skin and hydrators attract extra moisture to your skin. My favorite Hydrator for my face is Rodan and Field’s Active Hydration Serum. It immediately attracts up to 200% more moisture to your face and locks it in without a sticky or greasy feeling!
2. Sunscreen I never leave for a trip without a quality sunscreen for my face and my body. Did you know that the sun’s rays can be just as damaging through your car windows as they are when you are outside by a pool? Wear a minimum of SPF 30 on your face for daily routine activities and up to SPF 100 for beach days. My favorites are Rodan and Fields Reverse Mineral Sunscreen SPF 50 and Rodan and Fields SPF 30 body moisturizer.
3. Eye Cream Have you ever woken up with dark circles and puffy eyes after a day of traveling? Unless you have these issues daily, it’s usually due to sleep deprivation or a drastic change in schedules. I never leave for a trip without my Bright Eye Complex - it tackles both issues and gives me a rested look instead of that tired tourist look. At night I use Rodan and Fields Redefine eye cream to tackle fine lines and wrinkles around the eye area.
4. Makeup and Eye Makeup Remover Wipes How many of us are so tired that we don’t want to wash our face after we finally fall into a bed after a day of adventure? That’s where a good Makeup Remover Wipe comes in super handy! Of course, the ideal situation is to wash your face with a good cleanser and follow with toner and moisturizer, but in a bind, a good wipe designed to remove makeup and dirt will do just fine! I use Rodan and Fields Essentials.I love that they are more like towelettes and super easy to pack in my suitcase. I often cut them in half and get twice the cloth for my money!
5. Quick and Easy Makeup I despise foundation. I hate how it clogs my pores and settles into my little laugh lines and even sweats off the minute I step into humidity, not to mention who wants to wear foundation on vacation? Let me introduce you to my newest obsession Radiant Defense. It’s a Derma Cosmetic (you’ll be hearing that word a lot in 2019) which basically covers like a foundation, but actually enhances and improves your skin as you wear it! My favorite part? It takes about 30 seconds to apply with the brush I bought with it. It blurs skin imperfections while allowing your skin to breathe. It also comes in 6 blendable shades for all skin types and skin tones. It’s been a total game changer!
And there you have it. My top 5 must have beauty products for travel.